For many homeowners the hail claim is a daunting process and the first time you will come toe-to-toe with your insurance company, In the Dallas metroplex area hail storms are a common occurrence so the more educated you are about the process the quicker you can start vetting a quality contractor.
Steps for Storm Restoration
- Call a reputable general contractor to schedule a hail inspection to see if your home has suffered any hail damage.
- If your contractor has verified damage call your insurance company’s claim department. The earlier this happens the better. Just because you cannot see the damage doesn’t mean there isn’t any. Damaged roofs can lead to leaks.
- The insurance company schedules an inspection. Your general contractor should be at this meeting to point out even the smallest amount of damage done to your home. At this meeting the claim will either be denied or approved.
- Once the claim is approved your insurance company will issue an ACV check which will provide enough funds for your project to begin.
- Work will begin on your home. Your general contractor will keep in touch with your insurance company and let them know they have discovered any unforeseen damage under the shingle.
- Upon completion your contractor submits an invoice on your behalf to your insurance company. This invoice is also certification that the work has been completed.
- The RCV check is released and sent directly to you so that you can pay your general contractor.
For a free quote regarding your home restoration project call 972-730-2594.